Laughter Leads to Learning
By Katie Reishus
Laughter leads to learning at the Naperville Education Foundation (NEF) annual Yuks for Youth fundraiser.
The performance will once again feature students from Naperville Central High School and Naperville North High School. The students will spend the afternoon learning improvisational techniques from The Second City troupe and join the professionals on stage at the end of the show.
Andrew Simon, Naperville North Communications Arts Teacher, who chaperones the students, shares that it is a highlight for the participants. He initially thought that the opportunity would attract those students drawn to theater, but each year he sees students join who simply have a passion for improv.
"Improv is truly a skill we use every day when we 'think on our feet'," reflects Ann E. Spehar, Executive Director, NEF. "This night of comedy is a unique experience for students."
Providing exceptional opportunities for students is the heart and soul of NEF. With generous community support, NEF is able to provide financial resources that increase and enhance learning opportunities for students.
NEF's focus is on:
• Closing achievement gaps by providing a Study Skills Academy at 21 schools
• Supporting students and families who have essential needs through the Kid Booster Anonymous Fund
• Ensuring all of our young students begin their day with breakfast and are ready to learn through the Start the Day program
• Expanding resources and opportunities to each school through a Trustee Award
• Awarding competitive grants for innovative projects that stimulate students' engagement and learning experience through the Annual Grant Awards
• Funding a highly engaging, week-long Math Camp for incoming 6th and 7th grade students focused on increasing confidence and building a positive attitude
By supplementing public funds with private philanthropy, NEF offers support so that District 203 continues to be a place for unparalleled learning. Each year, Yuks for Youth is NEF's most profitable special event, so...
Join in the laughter that will lead to learning in 2016 and
purchase your tickets today!
"Hooking Up With The Second City"
is coming to town on
Saturday, January 23, 2016 at 7:00 pm!
Get Your Tickets NOW!
Tickets are $55.00 each -- and we can seat a group together if you'd like.
Don't miss The Second City in the suburbs, because they know a few things about love -- they've been looking at and laughing about relationships for over 55 years. "Hooking Up With The Second City" makes mirth out of missed connections, girls' night out adventures and all the crazy things we do for love. This gaspingly funny revue is a modern mix of romance, rancor and everything in between.
The performance will include a select group of District 203 high school students who will be chosen to take part in a private workshop with The Second City cast on the afternoon of the performance and will participate in the end of the actual show.
Click here to get your tickets now!
You don't want to miss laughing out loud
for a great cause!!
Thanks for your valued support!